The borough's premier business event, the 2017 Bexley Business Excellence Awards in association with Ocado, has now opened for entries.
The prestigious awards recognise and celebrate Bexley’s vibrant business community. Now in their fifth year, the awards have helped to showcase the successes and achievements of businesses of all shapes and sizes, and raise their profiles.
There is a simple three stage process for entering:
1. Register – Register your business online at www.bexleyawards.co.uk, indicating which categories you wish to enter. You will be able to complete the questionnaires online and can enter more than one category. Businesses will need to answer six questions but do not need to provide evidence at this stage. The closing date for entries is Friday 17 March 2017.
2. Selection – Our panel of judges will select a shortlist of companies for each category.
3. Judging – Shortlisted businesses will be invited to complete a more in-depth questionnaire. This includes four questions and requires supporting evidence. Businesses will also attend a judging day for a 30 minute face-to-face interview.
The full list of awards categories are:
- Apprenticeship Employer of the Year
- Best Business for Employee Training and Development
- Best Business for Food, Leisure and Hospitality
- Best Business for Marketing and Social Media
- Best Business for Outstanding Customer Service
- Best Charity or Social Enterprise
- Best Small Business (companies with under 50 staff)
- Best Start up Business (trading less than two years)
- Best Technology Company
- Best Young Entrepreneur (under 30 years old)
- Business Commitment to the Community
- Independent Retailer of the Year
- Made in Bexley
The overall Business of the Year is selected from the category winners. Judging of the awards has been designed to be robust and impartial. Organised by marketing and events firm White Label Creative, the awards will be presented at a gala dinner in June 2017.
The Awards are supported by:
Ocado – Headline Sponsor
Bexley Skills Charter – Best Business for Employee Training and Development
Bexleyheath BID – Independent Retailer of the Year
MiddletonMurray - Apprentice Employer of the Year
Bexley Times – Media Partner
Your Move Petty Freeman – Gala Dinner Chocolates Sponsor